Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

+11
Profanity
Terviseks
Böhse Tante
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
H10
The Original Mind
boris
Talos
FoShizzle
KneelB4Zod!
Zambeezi
15 posters

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 Empty Re: #43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by The Original Mind Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 pm

So the whole government resigned? I wonder to what extent Putin was in on this.

Back to top Go down

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 Empty Re: #43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:59 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:I guess we need Tamonten...

Yepp, I hope he has the time.

The main reason for my wish to change this society is that so many human skills have no chance to come to fruition. Instead they are used in a really sick way so that people are maintaining their own suffering from wars, hunger and illness. But it can not be changed "top-down", only in some kind of "grassroots revolution" or better "evolution" where more and more people work together to get rid of TPTB (whoever that is).

No need for a "big event" but development. One of my ideas to reach it: Don't play "their" games - don't use "their" rules - don't think in the box of "their" paradigms.
It's more "refuse" than "resist" - without too much ideology. You don't need to know much about "what's going on behind the curtains", it's mainly to create your own rules together with like-minded people.

That is what I mean with "I'm on the side of the people".

Ceterum censeo Imperium Americanum esse delendum.

Die Lage ist hoffnungslos aber nicht ernst.
Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:08 pm

op-ed
The battle of 'resistance' vs 'revolution' in the Middle East
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/battle-resistance-revolution-middle-east-200114124254439.html
The clash between the 'resistance' and 'revolutionary' movements will define the Middle East in the future.

Historians will determine whether "resistance" has been a heroic anti-imperial success or a naive fantasy.
Its advocates say it
evicted Israel from South Lebanon and Gaza,
achieved strategic deterrence between Hezbollah and Israel,
compelled the United States and its partners to agree to the nuclear deal,
allowed Iran to survive severe sanctions,
saved the Assad government in Syria,
beat back the ISIL threat,
and now may be pushing the US out of Iraq.

Critics say
these gains have come at a brutal cost to Arabs and Iranians,
leaving entire countries in economic and environmental collapse,
in top-heavy autocracies that constrain liberties and human rights,
and brutalise those who protest peacefully.
Some also fear that the resistance culture promises them only a future of perpetual warfare and economic distress.

The "revolutionary" protests underway have rocked the region in the past decade.
They have been led by a young generation which has borne the brunt of economic mismanagement and the increasing authoritarianism
of what they see as a corrupt political elite more concerned with self-enrichment than the wellbeing of its people.
This generation has decided to rebel against regimes they view as largely illegitimate and propped up by outside forces,
which due to their incompetence are unable to provide for the basic needs of their citizens.

"The only way out of our current predicament is the simultaneous rejection of both domestic despotism and imperial arrogance.
We need a politics that doesn't merely claim security, freedom, and equality for a select group or class, but that understands these rights as inalienable and for all people."

As the full universe of "resistance" unfurls at this historic moment across the Middle East,
(the banner that Islamists and Arab nationalists had claimed exclusively for their battle against American, Israeli and conservative Arab threats)
has now been joined by a homegrown domestic "resistance" by Arab and Iranian citizens who confront their own governments
and demand freedom, equality and dignity.

Arab and Iranian ruling elites and their own citizens now openly fight and resist each other, seeking to define their countries' identities and policies.
This is probably the most consequential ideological battle in the Middle East since its state system was established a century ago.

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Slovák Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

The Original Mind wrote:So the whole government resigned? I wonder to what extent Putin was in on this.

Joking right? Only the president could have done that.

Slovák

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

@The Original Mind.

I asked people who had seen other massive crowds about the aerial view. For this one city they said it must have been >2 millions and one showed me an aerial view of a protest in Germany of ~1 million. I think it fits. So minimum would be 10 millions, methinks.

Nevertheless, I can not remember a similar funeral with such gatherings.

The main reason for my wish to change this society is that so many human skills have no chance to come to fruition. Instead they are used in a really sick way so that people are maintaining their own suffering from wars, hunger and illness. But it can not be changed "top-down", only in some kind of "grassroots revolution" or better "evolution" where more and more people work together to get rid of TPTB (whoever that is).

No need for a "big event" but development. One of my ideas to reach it: Don't play "their" games - don't use "their" rules - don't think in the box of "their" paradigms.
It's more "refuse" than "resist" - without too much ideology. You don't need to know much about "what's going on behind the curtains", it's mainly to create your own rules together with like-minded people.

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:24 pm

@Zambeezi

"The "revolutionary" protests underway have rocked the region in the past decade. They have been led by a young generation which has borne the brunt of economic mismanagement and the increasing authoritarianism of what they see as a corrupt political elite more concerned with self-enrichment than the wellbeing of its people. This generation has decided to rebel against regimes they view as largely illegitimate and propped up by outside forces, which due to their incompetence are unable to provide for the basic needs of their citizens."

What is the difference to here? The only difference is that there's neither "resistance" nor "revolution", except a few places like in France. Here in Germany now some cases of corruption show that it's reaching mafia-style levels if you take in account that it's only the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Twisted Evil

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 pm

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 Zzzz10
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/france-reaffirms-sahel-presence-root-crisis-unsolved-200115055736376.html
#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 IlUJ6d_l?format=jpg&name=600x314
African 'Aleppo'. SSDD
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Shocked Question Question Question

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Yeah, there are not enough jobs, but its your fault if you don't work. Same here in Germany.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:43 pm

not a huge fan of Che... but a good quote nvrtheless. it's true.

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Zambeezi wrote:

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 949160760

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:49 pm

What a bitch.

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 2924852245 #43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 2924852245

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Methinks we will see moar of this elsewhere, we have it already in Germany. Every halfway good politician (or person) will find himself with "dirt on his vest".

Twisted Evil

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm

"I'm keeping the government. It's my right. I'm a force for good."

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:29 pm

I thought my computer is already hijacked?

Suspect

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Zambeezi wrote:

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 Mikhail_Mishustin%2C_November_2010
Mikhail Mishustin, 53, holds Ph.D. in economics and had a long career as a government official with some breaks for running his own business a decade ago. He was heading Russia's Tax Service since 2010.

Last edited by Zambeezi on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Zambeezi wrote:

About the difference between terroristsand freedom fighters. Easy to explain, it's the opposit of what the "elites" say.

pirat

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:45 pm

it's not socialism when WE do it. nope. ►socialize the losses+R&D ►privatize the gains. USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!USA!
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by propaganda war Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Propaganda release from the US State Dept. Includes veiled threat at the end of the clip.

propaganda war

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:14 pm

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:22 pm

propaganda war wrote:Propaganda release from the US State Dept. Includes veiled threat at the end of the clip.

Yeah, under Reza Pahlevi the SAVAK was killing opponents of the puppet regime in the thousands, even abroad like here in Germany. It was such a happy people then, especially the poor.

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 26 2924852245

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 pm

https://www.fort-russ.com/2020/01/texas-iranian-flight-crash-facts-not-adding-up/

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 34 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next