Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

+11
Profanity
Terviseks
Böhse Tante
The_Real_Mr_Anderson
H10
The Original Mind
boris
Talos
FoShizzle
KneelB4Zod!
Zambeezi
15 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 Empty Re: #43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:11 pm

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

http://zodlikeproductions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 Empty Re: #43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:16 pm

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Original Mind Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:18 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:Enrico Ivanov
@Russ_Warrior
·
40m
Under #US pressure, social media companies censor critical content and suspend Venezuelan, Iranian, and Syrian accounts.

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/01/12/us-pressure-social-media-censoring-suspending-venezuela-iran-syria/

That famous Trump freedom we were all promised.
The Original Mind
The Original Mind

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:21 pm

The Original Mind wrote:
Böhse Tante wrote:

Question Exclamation Question

Yeah I saw that when it happened. The story is linked in this thread, as well as various iterations of the story. I never did see the original Haaretz article though.

Khoury's account was blocked by Twitter and it was followed by claims about hack. It was the same day Kuwait recieved letter about US withdrawal I think...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yep Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:45 pm

The Original Mind wrote:My God, he’s lost his mind. Trump retweeted this.

and now he just retweeted this:

yep

Back to top Go down

Post by ac1 Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 pm

FYI that photo was allegedly one of the dead bodies from the Iran plane crash. Time stamp here: https://trumpandtrumpism.com/2020/01/13/1216724237655867392/

ac1

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:18 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:Enrico Ivanov
@Russ_Warrior
·
40m
Under #US pressure, social media companies censor critical content and suspend Venezuelan, Iranian, and Syrian accounts.

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/01/12/us-pressure-social-media-censoring-suspending-venezuela-iran-syria/

I thought the owners behind the "owners" are NSA, CIA & Co. ? Last 2 days I've read somewhere that the basic code of FB was from NSA. Zuckerberg is some kind of figurehead/mouthpiece of the agencies - a muppet. No pressure needed. 

Or amiwrong?

Question

The main reason for my wish to change this society is that so many human skills have no chance to come to fruition. Instead they are used in a really sick way so that people are maintaining their own suffering from wars, hunger and illness. But it can not be changed "top-down", only in some kind of "grassroots revolution" or better "evolution" where more and more people work together to get rid of TPTB (whoever that is).

No need for a "big event" but development. One of my ideas to reach it: Don't play "their" games - don't use "their" rules - don't think in the box of "their" paradigms.
It's more "refuse" than "resist" - without too much ideology. You don't need to know much about "what's going on behind the curtains", it's mainly to create your own rules together with like-minded people.

That is what I mean with "I'm on the side of the people".

Ceterum censeo Imperium Americanum esse delendum.

Die Lage ist hoffnungslos aber nicht ernst.
Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 pm

yep wrote:
The Original Mind wrote:My God, he’s lost his mind. Trump retweeted this.

and now he just retweeted this:

What reason should I have to believe the pic is from Iran? Maybe or maybe not. When I see such a pic my first thought is US forces did it.

Suspect

The main reason for my wish to change this society is that so many human skills have no chance to come to fruition. Instead they are used in a really sick way so that people are maintaining their own suffering from wars, hunger and illness. But it can not be changed "top-down", only in some kind of "grassroots revolution" or better "evolution" where more and more people work together to get rid of TPTB (whoever that is).

No need for a "big event" but development. One of my ideas to reach it: Don't play "their" games - don't use "their" rules - don't think in the box of "their" paradigms.
It's more "refuse" than "resist" - without too much ideology. You don't need to know much about "what's going on behind the curtains", it's mainly to create your own rules together with like-minded people.

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by dumb and dumber Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:46 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Did you hear the story aabout Stuxnet and Iranian nuclear program? Yes, even air-gapped systems can be breached so it actually doesn't matter if computer is connected to the internet.

https://www.f5.com/labs/articles/cisotociso/attacking-air-gap-segregated-computers

I'm a computer engineer.
Yes, I heard about stuxnet and even more advanced hacking techniques that can operate between non-internet or even non networked systems.
That does not mean that SA systems can be hacked this way. They do not run on PC platform, Intel or AMD processors, with standard Windows or even Linux systems and standard protocols transmission protocols and encryption algorithms. They run on special military grade hardware, with specific instruction sets, custom firmware and transmission protocols, designed to not only to be safe from external interference but also to reverse engineering in case they are captured by enemy. Let me give you an example - even if the high level code would be written in C++ (which is not) and you can steal it in full and analyze it, you won't be able to hack the system if you don't get the compiler as well and you don't know the specific machine code and hardware it addresses. Do you think Russians are so stupid to give technology to Chinese for example that can reversed engineered? No - they can copy some of the electronics but they will have to develop their own control techniques in order to use them, which may never match the original platform. See J15 vs Su33 as a reference.
Saying that the Iranian SA has been cyber hacked is just cheap propaganda that can fool uneducated masses.
EW system can create false targets and blind specific sensors, can destroy poorly protected circuits with EM pulses but will never be able to take control remotely over a firing system, unless you suggest that the Russian themselves did it.

dumb and dumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Böhse Tante Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

I thought that Russian system was out of question, it was about the other systems that could be targeted, especially also the Boeing. Sorry, I'm no native English speaker and no computer engineer.

Question

Böhse Tante
Böhse Tante

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:26 pm

Ali
@CoolHuh_
·
3m
Syrian national security adviser major general Ali Mamlok met turkish national security adviser in Russia today

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dumb and dumber Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Böhse Tante wrote:I thought that Russian system was out of question, it was about the other systems that could be targeted, especially also the Boeing. Sorry, I'm no native English speaker and no computer engineer.

Question

Presently, it seems the missile has been fired by a TOR-M1 (SA15) system delivered by Russia to Iran in 2007.
In this clip you can see some of the interior of this system which shows it is mainly electronics (hardware) and not a software based system subject to hacking. It's computing power most probably comes from an analog, real-time computing system. These can only be hacked with physical hardware direct access and are not subject to any kind of viruses or software hacking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOhepcNB0ow
The Boeing trajectory was clearly straight and climbing until the moment it was hit. The information presented by Russian inspectors indicate the plane was hit under the cockpit with pilots killed instantly, which explain lack of emergency signals:
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-51077352/iran-plane-crash-missile-struck-underneath-cockpit-ukraine

dumb and dumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm

dumb and dumber wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Did you hear the story aabout Stuxnet and Iranian nuclear program? Yes, even air-gapped systems can be breached so it actually doesn't matter if computer is connected to the internet.

https://www.f5.com/labs/articles/cisotociso/attacking-air-gap-segregated-computers

I'm a computer engineer.
Yes, I heard about stuxnet and even more advanced hacking techniques that can operate between non-internet or even non networked systems.
That does not mean that SA systems can be hacked this way. They do not run on PC platform, Intel or AMD processors, with standard Windows or even Linux systems and standard protocols transmission protocols and encryption algorithms. They run on special military grade hardware, with specific instruction sets, custom firmware and transmission protocols, designed to not only to be safe from external interference but also to reverse engineering in case they are captured by enemy. Let me give you an example - even if the high level code would be written in C++ (which is not) and you can steal it in full and analyze it, you won't be able to hack the system if you don't get the compiler as well and you don't know the specific machine code and hardware it addresses. Do you think Russians are so stupid to give technology to Chinese for example that can reversed engineered? No - they can copy some of the electronics but they will have to develop their own control techniques in order to use them, which may never match the original platform. See J15 vs Su33 as a reference.
Saying that the Iranian SA has been cyber hacked is just cheap propaganda that can fool uneducated masses.
EW system can create false targets and blind specific sensors, can destroy poorly protected circuits with EM pulses but will never be able to take control remotely over a firing system, unless you suggest that the Russian themselves did it.

This of course was in 2010... w/ some clips from a CS article. It caused quite the storm of arguments about possible/not possible... still does.

"The GPS navigation is the weakest point," the Iranian engineer told the Monitor, giving the most detailed description yet published of Iran's "electronic ambush" of the highly classified US drone. "By putting noise [jamming] on the communications, you force the bird into autopilot. This is where the bird loses its brain."

The “spoofing” technique that the Iranians used – which took into account precise landing altitudes, as well as latitudinal and longitudinal data – made the drone “land on its own where we wanted it to, without having to crack the remote-control signals and communications” from the US control center, says the engineer.
#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 Iranusdrone
The techniques were developed from reverse-engineering several less sophisticated American drones captured or shot down in recent years, the engineer says, and by taking advantage of weak, easily manipulated GPS signals, which calculate location and speed from multiple satellites.

Western military experts and a number of published papers on GPS spoofing indicate that the scenario described by the Iranian engineer is plausible.

"Even modern combat-grade GPS [is] very susceptible” to manipulation, says former US Navy electronic warfare specialist Robert Densmore, adding that it is “certainly possible” to recalibrate the GPS on a drone so that it flies on a different course. “I wouldn't say it's easy, but the technology is there.”

In 2009, Iran-backed Shiite militants in Iraq were found to have downloaded live, unencrypted video streams from American Predator drones with inexpensive, off-the-shelf software.

Gen. Moharam Gholizadeh, the deputy for electronic warfare at the air defense headquarters of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), described to Fars News how Iran could alter the path of a GPS-guided missile – a tactic more easily applied to a slower-moving drone.

“We have a project on hand that is one step ahead of jamming, meaning ‘deception’ of the aggressive systems,” said Gholizadeh, such that “we can define our own desired information for it so the path of the missile would change to our desired destination.”

more
https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by dumb and dumber Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Zambeezi wrote:
This of course was in 2010... w/ some clips from a CS article. It caused quite the storm of arguments about possible/not possible... still does.
https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/1215/Exclusive-Iran-hijacked-US-drone-says-Iranian-engineer

Everything described there is EW - electronic warfare - NOT hacking. Period.
TOR-M1 cannot be a subject of a cyber attack. It is the same thing as trying to induce a virus or attempt software hacking attack on a dishwasher.

If EW has been used, one should take a look on a map and see where Tehran is located. Secondly, should ask himself how come the Americans can precisely hack a Tor-M1 system 600km away but they cannot "hack" the incoming rockets falling above their heads.

dumb and dumber

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:14 pm

dumb and dumber wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:

I'm a computer engineer.

Well, Government Accountability Office claims that US weapons systems can be easily hacked.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45823180

I have no doubt that they work exactly as you described - on special military grade hardware, with specific instruction sets, custom firmware and transmission protocols. Yet it was possible to hack them.

I don't think any such hack as described above took the place though. Rather I can imagine a worm within the system, waiting for years to repsond to specific signal transmitted by an airliner. There were claims that Iran upgraded the systemm and they worked autonomously as operators were in shelters. I have no idea if this was confiirmed later.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:18 pm

dumb and dumber wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:

TOR-M1 cannot be a subject of a cyber attack. It is the same thing as trying to induce a virus or attempt software hacking attack on a dishwasher.

If EW has been used, one should take a look on a map and see where Tehran is located. Secondly, should ask himself how come the Americans can precisely hack a Tor-M1 system 600km away but they cannot "hack" the incoming rockets falling above their heads.

Well...

This is the dishwasher with an unsecured web server we deserve

https://www.zdnet.com/article/this-is-the-dishwasher-with-an-unsecured-web-server-we-deserve/

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 1619689188

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 pm

AS-Source News
@ASBreakingNews
·
17h
The government had been warned six hours before missile attacks against military bases
Correspondent Rasmus Tantholdt has interviewed him in Kuwait City after most of the 133 soldiers who were on base were evacuated.

AS-Source News
@ASBreakingNews
·
17h
Suddenly the first layer comes. 9 rockets, a ton each. It cannot be described. I've never experienced anything like it, and I hope to never experience it again, says John.
it was a violent attack
The attack was so severe that the bunker shook, and lots of dust penetrated inside.

AS-Source News
@ASBreakingNews
·
17h
After the attack, the soldiers were surprised that the destruction was not greater. I would estimate that the nearest rocket hit 300 feet from us, and as we walked around afterwards, there were helicopters split in half and holes so big that you could park a van in them.

AS-Source News
@ASBreakingNews
·
17h
Psychologists are now on their way to Kuwait to help the Danish soldiers recover from the terrifying experience.
- We really need them. This was a situation we were not trained for, says John.

Whole thread here:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1216515582859849728.html

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khnum Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm

dumb and dumber wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:

The Iranians should of shut down their airspace,if not that they should of had flight schedules although this plane was 1hr late.What they saw was a skin without an IFF at the time they were expecting an attack,an operator mistook it to be hostile and shot it down.Would a highly trained operator do this probably not but this guy probably was a conscript.

Whatever the full circumstances Donald Chump is the one who set it all in motion if he hadn't of assassinated that guy none of this would of happened.

khnum

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Backdoors Embedded in DoD Microchips From China
http://www.scribd.com/doc/95282643/Backdoors-Embedded-in-DoD-Microchips-From-China

article
https://www.military.com/defensetech/2012/05/30/smoking-gun-proof-that-military-chips-from-china-are-infected

many articles on this

D&D: i'm not arguing with your premise about protected code i'm expanding the discussion about ways/means to alter/steal.

Last edited by Zambeezi on Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
·
46m
#Iran plans to take Trump to international court for assassination Soleimani

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/iran-plans-to-take-trump-to-international-court-for-assassination-soleimani/

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:34 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 EOLAUA-XsAMmwCx?format=jpg&name=small

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dumb and dumber Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:50 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Well, Government Accountability Office claims that US weapons systems can be easily hacked.

I have no doubt that they work exactly as you described - on special military grade hardware, with specific instruction sets, custom firmware and transmission protocols. Yet it was possible to hack them.

I don't think any such hack as described above took the place though. Rather I can imagine a worm within the system, waiting for years to repsond to specific signal transmitted by an airliner. There were claims that Iran upgraded the systemm and they worked autonomously as operators were in shelters. I have no idea if this was confiirmed later.

That is only because they probably used common software and communication protocols.
One thing about Russians - everyone said they were way behind the west in avionics due to lack of advanced electronics and computing power - the truth is they intentionally used minimal electronics to avoid the vulnerability of a EMP attack and relied on extremely complex hydro-pneumatics (which can replicate electronics) until early '80.
One of the Russian processors line we know about is Elbrus which entered the civilian public market a couple decades ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbrus_(computer)
In order to be able to hack a military system one will need to know it's architecture, commands and programming language:
"Historically, computers under the Elbrus brand comprised several different instruction set architectures."
That is valid in the ideal case where the specific attacked system has an non-physical interface module which is not the case for TOR-M1.

If that would be possible it would mean that all Russian military hardware is garbage and subject to enemy control on demand.

If you look at the article quoted, it states:
""One test report indicated that the test team was able to guess an administrator password in nine seconds. Multiple weapon systems used commercial or open source software, but did not change the default password when the software was installed, which allowed test teams to look up the password on the Internet and gain administrator privileges for that software. Multiple test teams reported using free, publicly available information or software downloaded from the Internet to avoid or defeat weapon system security controls.""
That means the vulnerable system was a regular computing networked system that used in military control - probably it refers to drone control centers. The terms of "administrator password" and "commercial or open source software" show it was about common PC systems.

dumb and dumber

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:05 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:
The government had been warned six hours before missile attacks against military bases
Correspondent Rasmus Tantholdt has interviewed him in Kuwait City after most of the 133 soldiers who were on base were evacuated.
So.. the 'fight' was rigged and the US took the punch. One has to assume (now) that their AD system 'stood down'.
we'll nvr know 4 sure.
Zambeezi
Zambeezi

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:08 pm

dumb and dumber wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:

That is only because they probably used common software and communication protocols.
One thing about Russians - everyone said they were way behind the west in avionics due to lack of advanced electronics and computing power - the truth is they intentionally used minimal electronics to avoid the vulnerability of a EMP attack and relied on extremely complex hydro-pneumatics (which can replicate electronics) until early '80.
One of the Russian processors line we know about is Elbrus which entered the civilian public market a couple decades ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbrus_(computer)
In order to be able to hack a military system one will need to know it's architecture, commands and programming language:
"Historically, computers under the Elbrus brand comprised several different instruction set architectures."
That is valid in the ideal case where the specific attacked system has an non-physical interface module which is not the case for TOR-M1.

If that would be possible it would mean that all Russian military hardware is garbage and subject to enemy control on demand.

If you look at the article quoted, it states:
""One test report indicated that the test team was able to guess an administrator password in nine seconds. Multiple weapon systems used commercial or open source software, but did not change the default password when the software was installed, which allowed test teams to look up the password on the Internet and gain administrator privileges for that software. Multiple test teams reported using free, publicly available information or software downloaded from the Internet to avoid or defeat weapon system security controls.""
That means the vulnerable system was a regular computing networked system that used in military control - probably it refers to drone control centers. The terms of "administrator password" and "commercial or open source software" show it was about common PC systems.

And it's really shocking within "the best military force on the planet" with such horendous defence budget.

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 1619689188

Anyway, I see your arguments informative and correct. Still I have strong doubts about the incident. Hacking theory is thing to consideration but it's not my to theory. I will write more in next post in response to khnum.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Zambeezi wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:
So.. the 'fight' was rigged and the US took the punch. One has to assume (now) that their AD system 'stood down'.
we'll nvr know 4 sure.

Strange is that US claims they were warned 15 or 20 minutes before the strike...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm

khnum wrote:
dumb and dumber wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:

The Iranians should of shut down their airspace,if not that they should of had flight schedules although this plane was 1hr late.What they saw was a skin without an IFF at the time they were expecting an attack,an operator mistook it to be hostile and shot it down.Would a highly trained operator do this probably not but this guy probably was a conscript.

Whatever the full circumstances Donald Chump is the one who set it all in motion if he hadn't of assassinated that guy none of this would of happened.

I'm still in doubts about the accident. My thoughts are coming from circumstances of the event. It's too convenient for the hegemons. Trump tweeting in Farsi is just icing on the top. Maybe I will repeat myself here but Iran just delivered historic, precise strike against US forces. But delay between the strike and incident is about 3 or 4 hours. There was no reason to expect hostile plane just appearing above Tehran. Security clearances were already given for civil flights. And, suddenly, such terrible incident happens. All the success of the strike gows down the drain. Slowly dying US supported protests can break out again, Bolton tweets about regime change...

I guess I already wrote it here but I sthill think it’s not outside the realm of possibilities that it was a sabotage. Mole withing air defense unit stationed nearby Tehran’s civil airport. Israel and the US already downed civil flights so it wouldn't be new low for them to use some closet MEK supporter within Iranian air defense unit.

Also I think, under the current circumstances, it’s less damaging for Iran to take responsiblity for the tragedy then admit that the internal security was severely breached and infiltrated by hostile forces. Not even mentioning that claims about sabotage wouldn't be taken seriously at all...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Amichai Stein
@AmichaiStein1
·
9m
#BREAKING: Justice Department says last month's shooting by Saudi trainee at Pensacola Naval Air Station which killed 3 "was an act of terrorism"

#43 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 19 2711492660

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dumb and dumber Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

Zambeezi wrote:Backdoors Embedded in DoD Microchips From China
http://www.scribd.com/doc/95282643/Backdoors-Embedded-in-DoD-Microchips-From-China

article
https://www.military.com/defensetech/2012/05/30/smoking-gun-proof-that-military-chips-from-china-are-infected

many articles on this

D&D: i'm not arguing with your premise about protected code i'm expanding the discussion about ways/means to alter/steal.

Yes - that is possible and probably attempted for common FPGA (Field-programmable gate array) used in certain military applications..
Here is how it can work - a certain area of the integrated circuit is designed in such a way to resonate and be accessed and controlled on a certain frequency which then takes control over the chip functionality.
Typically, FPGAs run a boot code that later permits loading a certain set of firmware. The hack cannot control that in an intelligent way but may alter the circuit response to instructions rendering it unuseable for its main purpose.
That again, is not hacking - it requires physical access to the electronics itself. Being it during design, production or usage.

dumb and dumber

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:
we'll nvr know 4 sure.

Strange is that US claims they were warned 15 or 20 minutes before the strike...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next